See what people got to experience for the price of just one cigarette.
- More than 58 million nonsmokers in the US—including 15 million children ages 3-11—are exposed to secondhand smoke, according to the latest CDC Vital Signs.
- Exposure to secondhand smoke kills more than 41,000 adult nonsmokers each year from heart disease and lung cancer and more than 400 infants from sudden infant death syndrome.
- Proven interventions, including adopting smoke-free policies for public and residential buildings, can reduce secondhand smoke exposure.
Reports on E-Cigarette Adverse Events
Click on the link below to view the e-cigarette safety reports submitted to the FDA. These are voluntary reports of adverse events involving e-cigarettes from consumers, health professionals and concerned members of the public.
To see reports:
Scroll down to Special Interest Topics: E-Cigarette Adverse Events.
Click here for safety reports
Fond du Lac Sustainability and Policy Committee Meeting
Join us at our next Tobacco Prevention & Control Meeting
Wednesday March 25, 2015
Fond du Lac City/County Government Center
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac
Asthma Home Walkthrough Toolkit
Click here for the Asthma Home Walkthrough Toolkit.
Wisconsin Tobacco Facts
- 5,100 kids (under 18) become new daily smokers each year
- 6.7 million packs of cigarettes are bought or smoked by kids each year
- Wisconsin's annual health care costs directly caused by smoking is $2.66 billion
- 7,600 adults in Wisconsin die each year from their own smoking